Timothy D. Roberts is a Board Certified Licensed Professional Counselor specializing in individual, couples and family therapy to all ages, and maintains a private practice in Tyler, TX.
With over 20 years experience and as a graduate of Amberton University, he is currently serving as a private practitioner working with a broad spectrum of expertise in group and individual therapy catered to the needs of the client and the East Texas community.
In addition to being a prominent Individual and group therapist, Timothy D. Roberts has presented at National conferences, featured a local mental health television news segment, has taught as an adjunct university professor and special speaker at universities and general audiences throughout the United States.
Timothy D. Roberts is an interactive, cognitive behavioral therapist. His therapeutic approach is to provide support and practical feedback to help clients effectively address personal life challenges. He integrates a hybrid of complementary methodologies and techniques to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client. With compassion and understanding, he works eclectically with each individual to help them build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing.
- Was given several scholarships to represent and recruit for the College in a Public Relations music group called COVENANT throughout the school years and summers of 1984-1987.
- Served on the Student Violations Committee
- K3N Chaplain
- Winner of the 1986 and 1987 Evangel College 10K run.
M.A. Counseling (3.69 GPA)
Argosy University - Dallas, TX 2010-2015
Ed.D. Doctorate Counseling Psychology
Life for Youth Ranch, Vero Beach, FL - Summers of 1982,1983,1995,1999
Camp Counselor, Music Leader, Life guard, Biblical Studies Teacher, Children’s Minister, Sailing and Canoeing Instructor, Coordinator/Facilitator of “Rap Attack” (which was a one hour group session conducted 5 times a day where kids could talk about their problems).
Covenant Ministries Inc., Springfield, MO 1984 – 1990
Traveled full-time in a contemporary Christian music group. Drummer/Percussionist, Singer, Writer, Arranger, Public Speaking, Public Relations, Booking & Management.
Family Worship Center, Springfield, MO 1990 – 1993
Assistant pastor, Singles Pastor, Worship Leader
Springfield Community Hospital, Springfield, MO 1990-1993
Evaluation, Assessment and Documentation of Adult, Geriatric, Adolescent and Children in a closed psychiatric stabilization facility for patients who were at high risk or in need of medication change, evaluation and/or monitoring. Job requirements included: Conducting daily group sessions, individual counseling, intake evaluations, daily clinical observation, charting, and facilitation of various treatment modalities as prescribed. Certified in Non-Violent Crisis Intervention and CPR.
Felton/Roberts Creative Services, Springfield, MO 1992 – 1993
Entrepreneur of an advertising business which created Jingles and Various Public Relations Ideas & Multi-Media Advertisements and Presentations for private and public corporations and institutions as well as public service and political campaigns. Beauty Pageant Producer & Performer, Sound Engineer, Various Local Theatre Performing, Studio Session Musician & Fill-in Musician in Branson MO and Eureka Springs for many of the variety shows.
Labove and Beyond, Fort Wayne, IN 1993 – 1995
Writer, Producer, Sound engineer for various jingles & multi-media advertisement campaigns for national and international companies. Wrote, edited & produced telephone on-hold programs & educational tapes for various medical & trucking companies among other associations, in-house vocalist & midi-music writer, arranger, producer and session drummer, as well as live performances. This company won The Entrepreneur of The Year Award in the State of Indiana in 1994.
Abundant Blessings, Okeechobee, FL 1995 – 1998
Assistant Pastor, Worship Leader, Children’s Minister, After-School Program Facilitator/Coordinator, Children’s Theatrical Play Coordinator and Production, Individual counseling.
Martha’s House, Okeechobee, FL 1995 – 1998
Coordinator/Facilitator of Men’s Domestic Violence Group, Coordinator/Facilitator of Teens against Teen Violence (TATV), Coordinator/Facilitator of Kids against Domestic Violence (KADV), as well as individual counseling. In charge of Public Relations, Community Activities, Fund Raising.
Fijian RV Park, Okeechobee, FL: 1997 – 1998
Okeechobee Healthcare Facility, Okeechobee FL: 1996 - 1998
Social work, Chaplain & Counselor for all patients and staff, In-service for new employees, Community Service Representative, Chaplain for the City Council, Served as an active and founding member in the Okeechobee Gang Task Force, Worship Leader for Promise Keepers, Represented Service Masters Inc. Chaplaincy Program for the area, Fund Raising.
Director of the Ministerial Association, Okeechobee FL: 1996 -1998
Organized and Chaired monthly ministerial meetings with all of the local church ministers, fund raising.
Silverleaf Resorts, Flint, TX: 1998 – 2003
Resort Sales and Sales Manager. Top Sales for the company for 1998, 1999, 2000, and 2001. Other responsibilities included hiring, firing and new employee orientation and training.
The Offices of Wade E. French Ed.D and Associates, Tyler, TX: 2003- 09/01/2007
Services included but were not limited to the following: Licensed Professional Counselor, SMART Recovery Administrator/Instructor, DSHS Certified DWI Intervention Administrator/Instructor, DSHS Certified Texas Drug Offender Education Program Administrator/Instructor, Theft Intervention Group Administrator/Instructor, Individual Counseling, Couples Counseling, Marriage Counseling, Anger Management, Domestic Violence Counseling, Life Coaching, Theft Counseling, Drug and Alcohol Counseling, Children’s Counseling (Play and Puppet Therapy), Disability Determination, Expert Forensic Court Testimony, Psychiatric Assessment Protocols, Test Administration, Career Counseling, Forensic & Treatment Evaluation & Treatment Recommendation, Clinical Assessment & Report Writing, Intake Psycho-Social and Initial Evaluations. Weekly CBS Eye at Five Mental Health Correspondent, Direct Court Referral for Probation and Parole, Pre-trial Preparation for Attorney/Client, Parent Coordination, Etc…
University of Texas at Tyler (UT Tyler) – 2007 – 2008.
Adjunct Professor in the Criminal Justice Department – lecturer for classes such as Probation Parole and Corrections, Interviewing Skills etc…
Timothy D. Roberts M.A., Licensed Professional Counselor – Private Practice – September 2007 – the present.
Services include, but are not limited to the following: Comprehensive Clinical Psychometric Assessments and Reports and Treatment Recommendations, Diagnosis, Professional Counseling for all ages, Group Counseling, Forensic Services, Court Expert Witness, Supervised Urinalysis, Public Speaking etc… (See the SERVICES PROVIDED section of this website for more detail).
Services Provided In Greater Detail In My Private Practice:
My practice is a relatively comprehensive practice; the services provided include, but are not limited to the following:
Mental Health Services Include but are not limited to:
- Individual Counseling
- Anger Management
- Domestic Violence
- Eating Disorders
- Conduct Disorders
- Impulse Control Disorders
- Sex Offender Counseling
- Sex Abuse Counseling
- Sexual Dysfunction and Disorder Counseling
- Sexual Risk Counseling
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorders (OCD)
- Assertiveness Training
- Life Coaching
- Adjustment Disorders
- Drug & Alcohol Abuse and Dependency Disorders
- Drug and Alcohol Aftercare
- Non-Epileptic Seizure Therapy (NES)
- Marriage and Family Counseling
- Couples Counseling
- Children’s Play Therapy
- Parental Alienation Syndrome
- Parenting Classes
- Attachment Disorders
- Learning Disorders
- Adolescent Therapy
- Theft Counseling
- Premarital Counseling
- Career Counseling
- Stress Counseling
- Supervised Visitation (With or without video documentation)
- Mental Health Status Evaluations
- Child Custody Evaluations
- Substance Use Disorders Evaluations
- Anger Management/Domestic Violence Evaluations
- Clinical Forensic Mental Health Evaluations
- Sexual Preference Evaluations
- Sexual Risk and Provocation Evaluations
- Clinical Sex Offender Evaluations
- Sentencing Mediation Evaluations
- Pre-sentence evaluation and treatment
- Supervised Child-Parent Visitation Evaluations
- Expert Witness
- Positive Living - Level 2 - Moderately Intensive Structured Drug and Alcohol Outpatient Treatment Program. (Also known as the 13/26 Program).
- Structured Anger Management/Domestic Violence Treatment Program
- STD Education
- Parenting Education Program
- Career Assessment and Guidance Program
- Theft Group
- Theft Intervention Program (For more advanced theft offenders).
- Positive Living Class (Open to the Public)
- Abstinence and Sobriety
- Denial – The unconscious EGO defense mechanism
- Craving/Urges and the best ways to deal with them<
- Relapse Prevention etc…
- Anger Management/Domestic Violence
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorders
- Impulse Control
- Relationship Problems/myths and common mistaken assumptions
- Communication Skills
- How to be a better parent
- Understanding your children/teen
- Getting along with family
- A house run on responsibility as opposed to blame
- The Five Rules of Rational Decision Making
- The 80/20 Rule in Relationship Balance
- The 30% Rule of Responsibility
- Our 5 Basic Needs
- The 3 Tier approach to changing out way of thinking (How to be proactive)
- Just what is this thing called happiness?
- Coping with difficult people
- Conflict resolution
- Emotions (How to identify why they are there and what they are asking you to do)
- Psychosomatic problems
- Co-dependency (Relationship addiction)
- Cops and Robbers Thinking
- Mental Rehearsing
- The License – Understanding the irrational situational permission we give ourselves to do things we know are not in our best interest
- Problems as opportunities to grow
- How to become a better problem solver
- American Society for Addictive Medicine (ASAM) Review Course 21 CE’s.
- SCARED STIFF – Fast Effective Treatment for Anxiety Disorders 13 CE’s.
- Men’s Forum 5 Against Domestic Violence 13.5hrs.
- Conducting Effective Mental Status and Risk Assessments 5.75 CE’s
- Anger Management - Dealing with difficult behaviors 7.2 CE’s.
- Affectionate Relationships and Healthy Sexuality 12 CE’s.
- Insurance and EAP Training 12CE’s.
- Theft Counseling 40 CE’s.
- DSHS - Continued Drug and Alcohol Education 31.5 CE’s.
- Anger Reframing 6 CE’s.
- SMART Recovery Administrator/Instructor Training 16.5 CE’s.
- Institute for The Advancement of Human Behavior 6 CE’s.
- Neurosocial Disorders – Developing an Effective Treatment Plan 6 CE’s.
- Cognitive Therapy for Patients with Personality Disorders 6 CE’s.
- Child Custody Evaluations 10 CE’s.
- Ethical Boundaries and Repressed Memories of Sexual Abuse 4 CE’s
- Divorce and Helping Children through the Crisis of The Separation 6CE’s
- Big Boys Don’t Cry – Diagnosis and Treatment of Male Shame and Depression 3CE’s.
- Licensed Professional Counselor #60790
- SMART Recovery Certified Administrator/Instructor
- Certified Theft Intervention Counselor and Group Administrator/Instructor from the National Center for the Study of Theft Behaviors
- Member of The American Counseling Association (ACA)
- Member of The American Society for Addiction Medicine (ASAM)
- Liability Insurance Provided by Healthcare Providers Service Organization (HPSO)
- Certified in Non-Violent Crisis Intervention
- Certified In CPR
- Board Certified by the APA (BCPC) #10802